Thai-style carrot and beef salad
This dish is packed full of fresh ingredients and bursting with flavour.
The sweet, Asian flavours in this hearty salad make it ideal for a quick lunch.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 30 Chantenay carrots
- 2 rib eye steaks
- 3 tbsp masaman red curry paste
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 250g packs ready cooked jasmine rice
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- ½ pack basil, chopped
- I tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- soy sauce and hot sauce to serve (optional)
- Gently steam the Chantenay carrots until just tender.
- Smear the steaks in the masaman paste and set to one side.
- Whisk together the vegetable oil, fish sauce and light brown sugar to make a dressing.
- Heat a frying pan until really hot, then brush the steaks with the olive oil and cook for 2 minutes each side, remove to a board to rest.
- In a big salad bowl mix the rice, chillies and basil, toss through the dressing.
- Slice the steaks finely and top the rice with them.
- Add the Chantenay carrots and toasted sesame seeds and serve with soy sauce and chilli sauce.
Recipe courtesy of: chantenay.co.uk
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Clever uses for fabric conditioner - November 29, 2021
- Get Ready for Stir-up Sunday - November 19, 2021
- Eco friendly gift wrap options - November 15, 2021
- Tips for an eco-friendly Christmas - November 12, 2021
- Find craft inspiration from the best Martha Stewart videos - November 11, 2021