Spicy almond and cherry butter
This delicious nut butter is delicious, full of protein, and perfect for using up apples this autumn.
Spread on toast or for a healthier alternative, eat with apple slices to satisfy your sweet tooth.
If cooking for one, simply half the recipe to make a smaller batch.
Makes: 350g Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 5-10 minutes
- 200g whole almonds (with skin on)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 150g cherries, stoned and chopped
- pinch chilli flakes
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 190C/fan oven 170C/gas mark 5. Spread the nuts out on a baking tray and roast for 5-10 minutes until they have darkened in colour and you can just smell them. Cool slightly.
- Place the nuts in a food processor and blitz to a coarse paste. This will take several minutes and you will need to keep scraping down the sides but eventually the oil will be released and you can see the paste forming. Stir in the remaining ingredients and its good to go! Store covered in the fridge for up to a week.
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Has the public lost interest in Christmas adverts? - November 16, 2018
- Try this: make your own vanilla extract - November 15, 2018
- Asparagus, ricotta and pancetta pizza - November 14, 2018
- Recognise the symptoms for World Pancreatic Cancer Day - November 13, 2018
- Know your risks on World Diabetes Day - November 12, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!