This fast and simple sesame chicken stir fry recipe is low in effort and rich in flavour.
Ready-cooked basmati rice cuts the work out of preparation, while the fresh mango makes this recipe a refreshing change to the regular weeknight dinner.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Serves: 4
- 2 x 85g bags watercress
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless cut into strips
- 2 x 275g packs ready-cooked basmati rice
- 2 x 100g sachets sweet and sour stir-fry sauce
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp medium sherry
- 300g pack bean sprouts, rinsed
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Heat the oil in a wok, add the chicken strips and cook for 5 minutes stirring well, until browned and almost cooked through. Empty the rice into the wok and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until piping hot.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pan, gently heat the sweet and sour sauce with the mango for 3-4 minutes until the sauce begins to bubble.
- Pour the soy sauce and sherry over the chicken and rice in the wok, tossing to ensure the rice is well coated. Remove the wok from the heat and add the bean sprouts and watercress, stirring well to allow the watercress to wilt.
- To serve, divide the chicken and rice between four plates, spoon the mango and sauce over the chicken and rice and scatter with the toasted sesame seeds.
Fat: 11g / Saturated Fat: 1g / Carbohydrate: 63g / Protein: 42g / Fibre: 5g / Salt: 2.16g / Calories: 506
Recipe courtesy of watercress.co.uk