A twist on the classic lasagne with beef mince that uses tortillas or wraps instead of lasagne sheets.
- 450g/1lb lean beef mince
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped or 120ml/8tbsp ready prepared diced onions
- 75g/3oz fresh or frozen diced prepared mixed vegetables
- For the Bolognese Sauce:
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 30ml/2tbsp tomato ketchup or purée
- 10ml/2tsp garlic purée, or to taste
- Pinch sugar
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- For the Cheese Sauce:
- 1 x 470g jar (approx) prepared cheese sauce (chilled tubs are good too)
- 50g/2oz grated hard cheese. e.g Cheddar
- 4-6 corn tortillas or wraps
To prepare the Bolognese sauce; place all the sauce ingredients in a large pan, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick pan and dry fry the mince in batches for 5-7 minutes, breaking up any lumps with the back of a spoon. Add the onions and vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Stir the sauce into the mince, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cook for 15-20 minutes.
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 7, 220°C, 425°F. Spoon half the Bolognese mixture in the base of a 25cm/10inch square ovenproof dish. Cover with a layer of tortillas or wraps then repeat the method. Top with an even layer of cheese sauce, sprinkle with the cheese and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
Serve with mixed salad and garlic bread.
As an alternative, if preferred, replace the corn tortillas or wraps with fresh or no cook lasagne sheets and cook at Gas Mark 5, 190°C, 375°F. for 20 minutes.
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- by Barbara Wooldridge - October 25, 2016
- Ever Fancied Owning Your Own Racehorse? - October 25, 2016
- Discover the gems of the Middle East - October 25, 2016
- Ace acers by Lynne Turner - October 24, 2016
- Regain control over your electric heating with Dimplex Quantum - October 24, 2016