A twist on the classic lasagne with beef mince that uses tortillas or wraps instead of lasagne sheets.
- 450g/1lb lean beef mince
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped or 120ml/8tbsp ready prepared diced onions
- 75g/3oz fresh or frozen diced prepared mixed vegetables
- For the Bolognese Sauce:
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 30ml/2tbsp tomato ketchup or purée
- 10ml/2tsp garlic purée, or to taste
- Pinch sugar
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- For the Cheese Sauce:
- 1 x 470g jar (approx) prepared cheese sauce (chilled tubs are good too)
- 50g/2oz grated hard cheese. e.g Cheddar
- 4-6 corn tortillas or wraps
To prepare the Bolognese sauce; place all the sauce ingredients in a large pan, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick pan and dry fry the mince in batches for 5-7 minutes, breaking up any lumps with the back of a spoon. Add the onions and vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Stir the sauce into the mince, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cook for 15-20 minutes.
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 7, 220°C, 425°F. Spoon half the Bolognese mixture in the base of a 25cm/10inch square ovenproof dish. Cover with a layer of tortillas or wraps then repeat the method. Top with an even layer of cheese sauce, sprinkle with the cheese and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
Serve with mixed salad and garlic bread.
As an alternative, if preferred, replace the corn tortillas or wraps with fresh or no cook lasagne sheets and cook at Gas Mark 5, 190°C, 375°F. for 20 minutes.
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- Win 1 of 5 copies of Classic Albums – Pet Sounds DVD featuring The Beach Boys! - January 20, 2017
- Could these be the world’s most comfortable shoes? - January 20, 2017
- Recreational cycling holidays in Tuscany - January 20, 2017
- 5 Ways to Make your Bedroom more Chic - January 20, 2017
- How would you solve the NHS crisis? - January 19, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!