Try a sophisticated spin on the classic takeaway pizza with this asparagus, tarragon & almond pizza bianco.
This grown-up recipe is a perfect mid-week meal; it takes just ten minutes to cook and even less time to throw together. And it’s vegetarian, too!
Serves: 2 Preparation time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 100ml crème fraiche
- 20g parmesan, grated
- 2 flatbreads
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- 1 bunch asparagus spears, trimmed
- Tarragon or basil leaves
- Few parmesan shavings to decorate
What to do
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C Fan. In a bowl combine the crème fraiche and parmesan and a good grind of black pepper. Lay the flatbreads on baking sheets and spread with the crème fraiche leaving 1cm gap around the edge, sprinkle with almonds.
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes until the crème fraiche starts to turn golden.
- Meanwhile steam the asparagus for 5-6 minutes until just soft. Top the flatbreads with asparagus, add torn herbs and a few parmesan shavings.
Recipe courtesy of www.british-asparagus.co.uk