Asparagus, Tarragon & Almond Pizza Bianco
Try a sophisticated spin on the classic takeaway pizza with this asparagus, tarragon & almond pizza bianco.
This grown-up recipe is a perfect mid-week meal; it takes just ten minutes to cook and even less time to throw together. And it’s vegetarian, too!
Serves: 2 Preparation time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 100ml crème fraiche
- 20g parmesan, grated
- 2 flatbreads
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- 1 bunch asparagus spears, trimmed
- Tarragon or basil leaves
- Few parmesan shavings to decorate
What to do
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C Fan. In a bowl combine the crème fraiche and parmesan and a good grind of black pepper. Lay the flatbreads on baking sheets and spread with the crème fraiche leaving 1cm gap around the edge, sprinkle with almonds.
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes until the crème fraiche starts to turn golden.
- Meanwhile steam the asparagus for 5-6 minutes until just soft. Top the flatbreads with asparagus, add torn herbs and a few parmesan shavings.
Recipe courtesy of www.british-asparagus.co.uk
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- BBQ lamb kebabs with flatbread - June 25, 2019
- Can you name these traditional British dishes? - June 24, 2019
- Who is your preference for the next Prime Minister? - June 22, 2019
- What goes first: milk or tea? - June 21, 2019
- Clever uses for fabric conditioner - June 21, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!