Stilton Cheese and Celery Pasties
Stilton cheese and celery make the perfect combination for a spin on the classic pasty – great as a midweek family supper or packed up for a meal on the move, try these delicious pasties as a Bonfire Night warmer.
Serves: 6 Prep time: 20 mins Cooking time: 30-35 mins
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp English mustard powder
- 200g Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 4 sticks Fenland celery, diced
- 450g ready-made puff pastry
- 1 free-range egg, beaten with tablespoon milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Grease and line a large baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Boil the potatoes until they are soft enough to mash; mash them until they are smooth, then add the mustard powder, crumbled Stilton cheese and the diced celery.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Roll the pastry out on a well-floured board and stamp out circles with a saucer or small plate, to about 5” (13cms) in diameter.
- Spoon some of the filling mixture over one half, moisten the edges of the pastry then fold the pastry over to form a crescent and seal by crimping around the edges with your fingers or a fork.
- Place the pasties on the baking sheet, cut a slit to allow the steam to escape and brush them all over with the beaten egg and milk mixture. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Remove the pasties from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving warm, or cold.
Can be frozen before baking.
Recipe courtesy of www.fenlandcelery.com
Silversurfer's Features Editor
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!