Light, healthy and full of flavour, this toasted sourdough with avocado and radish is a quick and easy appetiser for your festive entertaining.
With just a handful of ingredients you can prep the sourdough ahead of time and make the spread later when it’s ready to be used.
Makes: 20 Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbls extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 5 thin medium sized slices of sourdough bread
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 50g mixed radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch watercress picked
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- While you are waiting for the oven to warm up, cut the avocado in half, remove the stone, scoop out the flesh and place in a small bowl. Lightly mash with a fork, then add the lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil, season then set aside.
- Place the sourdough slices on a large baking tray, drizzle over the olive oil, then put in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until crispy and toasted, remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Once cooled break each piece of toast into 4 pieces, then spread with the avocado and top with radish, red onion and watercress. Serve at once.
Recipe courtesy of www.lovethecrunch.com