Toasted sourdough with avocado and radish
Light, healthy and full of flavour, this toasted sourdough with avocado and radish is a quick and easy appetiser for your festive entertaining.
With just a handful of ingredients you can prep the sourdough ahead of time and make the spread later when it’s ready to be used.
Makes: 20 Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbls extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 5 thin medium sized slices of sourdough bread
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 50g mixed radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch watercress picked
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- While you are waiting for the oven to warm up, cut the avocado in half, remove the stone, scoop out the flesh and place in a small bowl. Lightly mash with a fork, then add the lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil, season then set aside.
- Place the sourdough slices on a large baking tray, drizzle over the olive oil, then put in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until crispy and toasted, remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Once cooled break each piece of toast into 4 pieces, then spread with the avocado and top with radish, red onion and watercress. Serve at once.
Recipe courtesy of www.lovethecrunch.com
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
- Warm Salad of Eastern Pulled Lamb and Chickpeas - February 21, 2018
- Is marriage outdated? - February 20, 2018
- Introducing a new partner to your children and grandchildren - February 19, 2018
- Clever uses for nail files - February 16, 2018
- Welcome to the Year of the Dog - February 15, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!