10 clever uses for binder clips
If you have binder clips in your office gathering dust, put them to good use – today we’re sharing 10 clever alternative uses for binder clips.
- Razor cover – Packing your razor in your suitcase to go travelling? Try placing a binder clip over the blade to stop you from nicks and scratches.
- Emergency cuff links – If you’ve mislaid your favourite cufflinks, try improvising a makeshift pair with a small binder clip instead. It will hold the cuff in place without drawing too much attention to your error.
- For the toothpaste roll – Plastic toothpaste rolls can be troublesome when they’re reaching the end of the bottle. Instead of squeezing toothpaste forward every time, roll the bottom of the tube and secure with a binder clip.
- As a sponge holder – If you have a sink sponge that never seems to dry off, try this simple trick. Place your sponge inside a binder clip and then leave upright to dry. It’s a discreet and sanitary solution.
- Wrapping paper holder – Rolls of wrapping paper can be annoying to store. Use a binder clip at the top and bottom of the roll to secure the paper in place and make for easy storage.
- Cord organiser – While tablets and smartphones have made life easier, the cords that come with them most certainly have not. Try this simple trick: loop your cord through the metal handle of a binder clip (remove and loop through for larger cords) and then secure to the edge of your desk or nightstand. Your wire will always be there when you need it.
- Fix your keyboard – If your keyboard no longer sits upright evenly, try removing the legs and replace with binder clips instead. Carefully press in the handle of the binder clip to remove, then fasten it to your keyboard where the legs originally connected. You’ll have a new sturdy solution that keeps your keyboard level.
- Keep your food fresh – Foods like cereals and crisps that come in air tight bags can go soggy if exposed to open air too long. When you’re finished snacking, carefully roll down the bag and secure using a binder clip.
- Stack bottles in the fridge – If you regularly have bottles of water or beer in the fridge, try this simple trick. Place a binder clip at the bottom of your fridge shelf so the flat part of the binder clip is flush with the bars and the clamp is facing upward. The triangular shape of the binder clip will act as a barrier to make for easy stacking.
- Organise keys – Binder clips can help you quickly label and organise multiple sets of keys at home. Loop your keyring through the handle of the binder clip, then attach a sticker or piece of tape to label the clip. You can lay them flat or hang them easily, too.
Do you know any clever uses for binder clips? Let us know in the comments below!
Silversurfer's Features Editor
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!