Rail Holidays of the World – Choosing the Right Rail Journey for you
Rail tours are growing in popularity among the 50+ market year on year, a tempting alternative to cruise and coach holidays. With this increased interest comes increased choice as more and more tour operators add rail holidays to their portfolio of services.
If you enjoy rail holidays or are interested in taking one for the first time how do you choose where to go, the rail journeys you want to experience and more importantly who to book with?
Ffestiniog Travel has been arranging escorted rail tours and Tailor Made rail holidays to destinations around the world since 1974 and has remained true to its expertise, creating rail holidays to suit all aspirations. The tour operator also has a dedicated Ticket Only department supplying both rail and flight tickets, making it Britain’s ‘complete specialist’ in railway travel around the world today.
The company produces a programme of up to 40 well-planned escorted rail tours each year to destinations in the UK, Europe and worldwide. Meticulous planning and knowledge means they create tours rich in content where the real ‘value for money’ lies.
Regular destinations include India, Romania, Switzerland, France, Germany, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Scandinavia, Spain, Scotland and Wales. Ride the many UK heritage steam railways, visit the pioneering railroads of America or the working steam railways of Germany. The company also arranges bookings for such iconic trains as the Simplon Orient Express, Rocky Mountaineer, Trans-Siberian and Australia’s Ghan train.
Lots of Rail Holidays to Choose From:
- Grand Escorted Rail Tours – aimed at the train travelling tourist who wants to explore a particular country, its culture, scenery and landmarks by rail.
- Connoisseur Escorted Rail Tours – targeted at the rail enthusiast who appreciates a cultured holiday while indulging their passion for heritage railways around the world.
- Small & Traditional Escorted tours – visit countries still untouched by tourism including Romania and Uzbekistan and discover remote areas, true nature, rich culture and wonderful history.
- Easy Rail Holidays – a selection of short, one-centre, fully escorted and price friendly rail holidays to popular destinations in Europe
- Tailor Made Rail Holidays – ideal for those who prefer more independent, unescorted travel as couples or with a group of friends and family.
Why Choose Ffestiniog Travel?
- Expertise – Ffestiniog Travel is one of the oldest rail holiday companies in the UK and has remained a dedicated rail travel specialist.
- As an AITO member Ffestiniog Travel offers quality, expertise, peace of mind and financial protection. It boasts a 97% customer satisfaction rating from over 160 comments made in AITO’s Independent Reviews
- Ffestiniog Travel’s busy Ticket Only department issues train tickets and rail passes for simple and complicated journeys around the UK, Europe and many worldwide destinations.
- The company is owned by a charitable trust and profits go to support the world famous Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways.
- Many customers return to travel with Ffestiniog Travel year after year, over 60% annual repeat business.
For more details:
Order Ffestiniog Travel’s Rail Holidays of the World Brochure
Call: 01766 512400
Email: [email protected]
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!