Global accolade for Welsh hotel
A British hotel where prices start as low as £35 per head has been voted the world’s best hotel for service by global travellers.
The accolade went to Lauriston Court Hotel in Llandudno, north Wales, and was based on opinions gathered from thousands of guests’ reviews by the TripAdvisor company.
Lauriston Court was also sixth in the world’s top 10 bargain hotels category.
Carol-Lynn and Ian Robbins, owners of the Lauriston Court Hotel, said: “We’re thrilled. Providing our guests with the best service possible is so important to us, and so it’s heart-warming to be recognised by our guests for the work we do to make their stay special.”
Four British establishments made it into the world top 10 B&Bs. Second was Athole Guest House in Bath, with No1, St Ives, Cornwall, third; All Seasons Guest House, Filey, North Yorkshire, sixth; and St Michael’s Guest House, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, seventh.
As well as Lauriston Court, The Caribbean in Doncaster, South Yorkshire, got into the top 10 best-bargain hotels – in eighth place.
The top UK hotel was Rudding Park in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, while the UK’s best small hotel was The Chester Residence in Edinburgh.
London performed well in the UK top 10 luxury hotel list, with five entries. But only one hotel from the UK capital, The Milestone in Kensington, got into the world luxury top 10 – in ninth place.
TripAdvisor spokeswoman Emma Shaw said: “For the 11th year running, these awards recognise the cream of the crop when it comes to hotels across the globe, according to those that really matter – travellers themselves.
“Yet again, Britain’s B&Bs continue to be celebrated as some of the very best in the world, and for a British hotel to beat over 650,000 others to be named number one in the world for service really is something to be proud of.”
These were voted the UK’s top hotels
1. Rudding Park Hotel, Harrogate, North Yorkshire
2. The Milestone Hotel, London
3. Ellenborough Park, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
4. Casa Hotel, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
5. Corinthia Hotel, London
6. 51 Buckingham Gate, Taj Suites and Residences, London
7. Swinton Park, Masham, North Yorkshire
8. Potters Leisure Resort, Hopton-on-Sea, Norfolk
9. The Green Park Hotel, Pitlochry, Scotland
10. Staybridge Suites London-Stratford City, London
These were the UK’s best small hotels
1. The Chester Residence, Edinburgh
2. Boskerris Hotel, St Ives, Cornwall
3. Ardeonaig Hotel, Ardeonaig, Scotland
4. Can-y-Bae, Llandudno, North Wales
5. Hotel 41, London
6. The Old Rectory Hotel, Martinhoe, Devon
7. The Clontarf Hotel, Llandudno, North Wales
8. Apsley House Hotel, Bath, Somerset
9. Egerton House Hotel, London
10. Peak Edge Hotel, Stonedge, Derbyshire
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Should tackles and scrums be prohibited from school rugby fields? - September 26, 2017
- Out with the old and in with the new - September 26, 2017
- Should Londoners choose if they want to use Uber? - September 24, 2017
- Four reasons you should book a holiday in October… - September 22, 2017
- Win One of Two Food Boxes from HelloFresh! - September 20, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!