Beetroot superfood truffles
Feel good about your next indulgence with these beetroot superfood truffles.
They contain no dairy or refined sugar, and thanks to the addition of beetroot and avocado, practically offer up two of your five a day too.
They’re a perfectly moreish snack when you’re trying to eat well but still want an afternoon sweet.
Serves: 12 Prep time: 15 minutes plus 1hr chilling Cook time: n/a
- 1 large ready cooked (vacuum pack) beetroot
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 100g unsweetened cacao powder plus extra for dusting
- Desiccated coconut for dusting
- Put the beetroot, avocado, vanilla extract, maple syrup and half of the cacao powder into a blender or food processor. Process until well combined.
- Add the remaining cacao powder to the blender and again process until well combined. Transfer the chocolate mixture to a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Once chilled, scoop tablespoon-sized portions of the mixture. Roll in your palms to form balls – the mixture will be slightly sticky but should form balls easily.
- Put some extra cacao powder and desiccated coconut in a plate and roll the chocolate truffles around in one or the other to coat.
Recipe courtesy of www.lovebeetroot.co.uk