Blackcurrant and Apple Mince Pies
These modern mince pies are a delicious spin on a classic – and with less sugar and fat than the original, you can enjoy this festive favourite guilt free!
Makes: 12 Prep time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 12-15 minutes
- 400g shortcrust or puff pastry, depending on preference
- 6 tbsp Streamline blackcurrant jam
- 75g mixed dried fruit
- 1 medium eating apple, peeled and finely grated
- 1 egg beaten
- 0% yoghurt or orange zest to serve
What to do:
- Pre heat oven 200c/180c fan/ gas 6.
- Roll out the pastry and cut 12 x 8cm circles with a fluted cutter and cut out 12 stars with a star cutter. Line a shallow bun tin with the circles.
- Mix together the Streamline blackcurrant jam, dried fruit and grated apple. Place spoonfuls into the pastry cases, top with the pastry stars and brush with a little milk or beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 12 minutes until golden. Serve warm with a spoonful of 0% fat yoghurt and a sprinkling of orange zest.
Recipe courtesy of: www.streamlinefoods.co.uk
Silversurfers Features Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfers Features Editor (see all)
- Blueberry Quinoa Salad - February 17, 2017
- Clever uses for bicarbonate of soda - February 16, 2017
- Small adjustments that make a big impact on eating habits - February 15, 2017
- Broken-Hearted Playlist - February 14, 2017
- Spring onion and feta frittata - February 13, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!