Strawberry and Blueberry Hot Pots
These flavourful strawberry and blueberry hot pots are a delicious and easy autumnal treat. The chopped nuts add an extra crunch while a pinch of spice adds a bit of warmth to the berry medley.
Try it cold or served straight out of the oven with a huge dollop of ice cream or a light pouring of cream.
Serves: 4-6 Prep time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
- 300g strawberries, quartered
- 300g blueberries
- 50g caster sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- ¼ tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 45g flour
- 45g slivered almonds
- 45g chopped pecans
- ¼ tsp all spice
- 75g Muscovado sugar
- pinch of salt
- 75g softened butter
- 4-6 oven safe jam jars
What to do
- Heat your oven to 190c.
- In a bowl, mix the berries, caster sugar, vanilla, cornflour, orange juice and zest, ensuring the berries are well coated then chill in fridge whilst making the dough.
- In another bowl, blend the flour, nuts, spice, and Muscovado sugar then rub the butter in to make a crumbly dough.
- Pour the berry mix into the jars then divide the dough into 4-6 balls, flatten them slightly and push down firmly on the berries like a lid.
- Place the jars on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 20-30 minutes until bubbling and brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving or chill, screw lids on and transport for a picnic.
recipe courtesy of www.sweetevestrawberry.co.uk