Strawberry and Blueberry Hot Pots
These flavourful strawberry and blueberry hot pots are a delicious and easy autumnal treat. The chopped nuts add an extra crunch while a pinch of spice adds a bit of warmth to the berry medley.
Try it cold or served straight out of the oven with a huge dollop of ice cream or a light pouring of cream.
Serves: 4-6 Prep time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
- 300g strawberries, quartered
- 300g blueberries
- 50g caster sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- ¼ tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 45g flour
- 45g slivered almonds
- 45g chopped pecans
- ¼ tsp all spice
- 75g Muscovado sugar
- pinch of salt
- 75g softened butter
- 4-6 oven safe jam jars
What to do
- Heat your oven to 190c.
- In a bowl, mix the berries, caster sugar, vanilla, cornflour, orange juice and zest, ensuring the berries are well coated then chill in fridge whilst making the dough.
- In another bowl, blend the flour, nuts, spice, and Muscovado sugar then rub the butter in to make a crumbly dough.
- Pour the berry mix into the jars then divide the dough into 4-6 balls, flatten them slightly and push down firmly on the berries like a lid.
- Place the jars on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 20-30 minutes until bubbling and brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving or chill, screw lids on and transport for a picnic.
recipe courtesy of www.sweetevestrawberry.co.uk
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Would you feel comfortable going cashless? - March 20, 2019
- A 3-course Mother’s Day Feast - March 20, 2019
- Tatin of Shallots and Port with Creamy Goat’s Cheese - March 19, 2019
- Understanding your carbon footprint - March 18, 2019
- What name would you choose for Prince Harry and Meghan’s first child? - March 17, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!