Revitalise blueberry & raspberry smoothie
This, fast, easy smoothie is packed with vitamin and antioxidants and bursting berry juice.
The natural sugars help boost energy levels and leave you feeling brighter and revitalised – especially as the days are getting shorter!
Prep: 10 minutes
225g (8oz) or about 1⁄4 red cabbage
225g (8oz) or about 1 large beetroot, trimmed & scrubbed
175g (6oz) raspberries
100g (4oz) blueberries
2 teaspoons runny honey or to taste
1. Cut the red cabbage and beetroot into pieces that will fit in your juicer shoot then press through an electric juicer.
2. Puree the raspberries and blueberries with a little of the red cabbage and beetroot juice in a liquidiser until smooth then add the remaining juice and sweeten to taste with honey.
3. Pour into two glasses and serve immediately or pour into a sports drinks container, seal well and take to the gym for a post-workout energy boost.
No juicer? No problem! Use 300ml (1/2 pint) store-bought cranberry, raspberry, pomegranate juice or coconut water instead and puree with the raspberries and blueberries in a blender.
Recipe from Seasonal Berries
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Iced coffee cheesecake - July 23, 2021
- Selling your car online - July 22, 2021
- Common financial scams and how to spot them - July 20, 2021
- Beat the heat without AC: tips to stay comfortable at night - July 19, 2021
- Clever uses for butter - July 10, 2021