Venison Burger with Blue Cheese and Crispy Shallots
Venison Burger with Blue Cheese and Crispy Shallots, is a variation on the regular beef burger, although if you do prefer an alternative to venision, you can alsways use lamb or beef mince instead.
Makes 4 burgers
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
650g venison mince
5 tbsp double cream
2 cloves garlic, crushed
½ tbsp flat leaved parsley, chopped
½ tbsp chopped chives
4 crushed juniper berries
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
200g blue cheese
Olive oil for frying
1. Place the mince in a bowl. Season well. Using your hands or a fork, gently combine the seasoned meat with the cream, garlic, parsley, chives and juniper berries. Do not over mix, as the cooked burgers will be tough.
2. Gently shape the meat into 4 patties, or divide the meat and push each portion into a 10cm pastry cutter to make 4 burgers. Make a slight indentation in the top of each with your fingers.
3. Divide the cheese into 4 and shape each piece into a ball. Insert the cheese into the centre of the burgers and pull the meat back over the top to seal in the cheese.
4. Peel and thinly cut the shallots into rings. Heat the olive oil in a pan, and fry the shallots until crispy.
5. Preheat a heavy ridged griddle pan or barbeque until very hot. If using a pan, put in a little olive oil, and sear the burgers to seal in the juices. Cook for 2 minutes on each side, so that the cheese melts in the middle.
6. Serve the burger on lightly toasted rolls, topped with the shallots, along with slices of tomatoes, red onion and pickled gherkin or with a green salad.
Recipe by: www.UKshallot.com
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Would you opt to be microchipped? - July 27, 2017
- Have you encountered casual ageism? - July 26, 2017
- Role of Grandparent – Disciplinarian or Fun Maker? - July 26, 2017
- Introducing Susie’s Snappy Swimsuit! - July 25, 2017
- Win ONE of TEN copies of Our Summer Together by Fanny Blake! - July 24, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!