Grandkid-friendly Slurpy Salad with Crunchy Chicken Dippers
Make eating vegetables more fun at mealtime for your grandkids with this delicious kid-approved slurpy salad recipe.
With flavours all ages will love, the spiralised carrots and cucumber add some extra visual appeal for any little ones who are known as picky eaters.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 chicken breast cut into finger width slices
- 2tbsp mango chutney (non spicy)
- 8tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 carrot, spiralized or shredded
- ⅓ cucumber, spiralized or shredded
- 1 Cos lettuce , sliced into thin ribbons
- ½ tbsp mango chutney
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- Mango chutney to serve
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan. Put the Chicken pieces in a bowl and toss with the mango chutney until all of the chicken is well coated. Put the breadcrumbs in a bag, add the chicken pieces and shake the bag well so that each piece of chicken has a covering. Drizzle a little oil in the bottom of an oven tray, tip in the chicken and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks make the salad. Put the prepared veg into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl beat together the mango chutney, oil and vinegar and season. Mix well then drizzle over the vegetables. Toss to cover the veg in dressing and divide between plates.
- Once this chicken is cooked divide between the plates and serve with some extra chutney for dipping. Let the kids roll it all up in a wrap or serve with wedges
- Note: You can freeze half of the chicken once its coated in breadcrumbs. When you’re ready to cook it, roast in an oiled tray in the oven at 200C for 12-15 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Make More of Salad
Silversurfers Features Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfers Features Editor (see all)
- Blueberry Quinoa Salad - February 17, 2017
- Clever uses for bicarbonate of soda - February 16, 2017
- Small adjustments that make a big impact on eating habits - February 15, 2017
- Broken-Hearted Playlist - February 14, 2017
- Spring onion and feta frittata - February 13, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!