Love the Crunch special fried rice
This quick and easy special fried rice recipe is packed full of colour, flavour and crunch thanks to the radishes, spring onions, celery and Chinese leaf lettuce.
It’s filling, moreish and healthy too – perfect for an easy weekend lunch or pulled together as a weeknight meal.
Serves: 2 Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 250g pork strips
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3cm ginger, grated
- 2 sticks of celery, sliced diagonally
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1 pack wholemeal microwave rice
- ¼ Chinese leaf lettuce, shredded
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 2 tsp sesame seed
What to do:
- In a large wok, heat the oil until very hot and cook the pork strips, tossing and stirring throughout. Add the garlic and ginger, stir and then add the celery and radish.
- Continue to stir while adding the rice, Chinese leaf lettuce and spring onions. Add in the soy, hot sauce and mirin and stir while everything cooks. The vegetables should keep a good crunch. Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.
Recipe courtesy of www.lovethecrunch.com