Love the Crunch special fried rice
This quick and easy special fried rice recipe is packed full of colour, flavour and crunch thanks to the radishes, spring onions, celery and Chinese leaf lettuce.
It’s filling, moreish and healthy too – perfect for an easy weekend lunch or pulled together as a weeknight meal.
Serves: 2 Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 250g pork strips
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3cm ginger, grated
- 2 sticks of celery, sliced diagonally
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1 pack wholemeal microwave rice
- ¼ Chinese leaf lettuce, shredded
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 2 tsp sesame seed
What to do:
- In a large wok, heat the oil until very hot and cook the pork strips, tossing and stirring throughout. Add the garlic and ginger, stir and then add the celery and radish.
- Continue to stir while adding the rice, Chinese leaf lettuce and spring onions. Add in the soy, hot sauce and mirin and stir while everything cooks. The vegetables should keep a good crunch. Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.
Recipe courtesy of www.lovethecrunch.com
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- BBQ lamb kebabs with flatbread - June 25, 2019
- Can you name these traditional British dishes? - June 24, 2019
- Who is your preference for the next Prime Minister? - June 22, 2019
- What goes first: milk or tea? - June 21, 2019
- Clever uses for fabric conditioner - June 21, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!