Moroccan crusted salmon with asparagus, rocket & lemon salad
This Moroccan crusted salmon with an asparagus, rocket and preserved lemon salad is a delicious and healthy recipe for lunch or dinner.
It takes just twenty minutes to put together and has a beautiful blend of rich, aromatic flavours that complement the salmon and salad beautifully.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes
for the salmon
- 1 tsp crushed cumin seeds
- 1 tsp crushed coriander seeds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp soft light muscovado sugar
- small bunch parsley roughly chopped
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 pieces of salmon fillet, scales removed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
for the salad
- 2 bundles of asparagus trimmed
- 1 preserved lemon, seeds and flesh removed (Look out for Belazu preserved lemon available in Sainsbury, Waitrose and some delis or at www.belazu.com)
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes cut into chunks
- 2 handfuls rocket washed
- 4 tbsp Greek yogurt
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 180°c, gas mark 6
- In a bowl, mix the cumin, coriander, sesame seeds, paprika, allspice, sugar and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the mixture all over the flesh side of the salmon and drizzle over the olive oil.
- Bring a medium sized pan of salted water to the boil. Place in the asparagus and cook for 2 minutes. Drain then cool and set aside.
- In a hot non-stick frying pan seal the salmon skin side down first, then place in the oven for 6-8 minutes.
- While you are waiting for the salmon to cook, chop the lemon skin and place in a medium sized bowl. Then add the asparagus, shallots, chilli, tomatoes, rocket and a splash of extra virgin olive oil, season and mix.
- When the salmon is cooked, divide between 4 warm plates, top with the salad. Finish with a spoonful of yogurt, cracked pepper and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Recipe courtesy of www.british-asparagus.co.uk
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- The best of Elvis Costello & The Attractions playlist - February 15, 2019
- Raspberry and apple turnovers - February 14, 2019
- Epic Love Songs Playlist - February 14, 2019
- 5 romantic films to revisit this Valentine’s Day - February 13, 2019
- Does Valentine’s Day place too much emphasis on romantic love? - February 12, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!