Hearty, healthy and deliciously satisfying, this Buddha bowl recipe is a great way to turn the volume up on the traditional salad.
This one features a delicious blend of hot and cold, with toasty roasted chickpeas and broccoli paired alongside crunchy carrot and mixed leaves.
A zingy lemon and tahini dressing brings it all together for an easy lunch or dinner.
Serves: 2 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 x 240g tin chickpeas, drained
- 120g broccoli
- 1tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 bag mixed salad
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2tbsp tahini
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2tsp sesame seeds
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Leaves from 4 stalks parsley
- Heat the oven to 200C. Drain the chickpeas and spread them over a large oven tray. Divide the broccoli into small florets, toss those onto the baking tray too and drizzle with the sesame oil and sprinkle with cayenne and a good pinch of salt. Shake the pan to coat everything and roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile divide the carrot and leaves between two bowls then make the dressing.
- In a small bowl mix together the lemon juice, tahini, garlic powder and enough water to make it a drizzly consistency. Stir in the sesame seeds and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Make More of Salad