Leek, Smoked Chicken, Broad Bean and Savoy Soup
As the weather turns chilly, a bowl of warming soup can heat you from the inside. This recipe for Leek, Smoked Chicken, Broad Bean and Savoy Soup is so heartwarming and vibrant, very quick to make and extremely healthy too!
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Cost: £5.40 (for four)
2 tbls olive oil
1 medium white onion finely chopped
1 garlic clove peeled and finely chopped
200g sliced leeks
100g shelled broad beans
100g shredded Savoy cabbage
1 Litre chicken stock
200g shredded smoked chicken
Salt and cracked black pepper
Small bunch of flat leaf parsley roughly chopped
Extra virgin olive oil
1 Small rustic loaf
- Over a low heat in a medium sized saucepan, fry the onion, garlic and leeks in the olive oil. Cook until soft, about 10 minutes
- Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Add the broad beans, Savoy cabbage and smoked chicken and cook for a further 5 minutes
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve in warmed bowls with extra virgin olive oil and bread
This works equally well with some left over home cooked ham or gammon in place of the smoked chicken.
Recipe by: British Leeks
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- MediRead – Medical Bracelets with a Difference - February 28, 2017
- Win an e-bike worth £799.99 from E-Bikes Direct! - February 28, 2017
- Over 50s Health Insurance - February 28, 2017
- Is there now equality for women in the workplace? - February 28, 2017
- TOP 10 Special Interest & Events Breaks From Shearings Holidays - February 24, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!