Sticky Lamb Parcels
We have teamed up with our friends at Simply Beef and Lamb, to bring to you some delicious recipes.
This recipe uses baking paper to parcel up lamb rumps or boneless leg steaks with basmati rice, mushrooms and purple sprouting broccoli with a wonderful sticky sauce to create a quick meal that you can just pop into the oven for 25 minutes. With only 294kcal per portion, this dish is a delicious way of cooking lamb.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 lean lamb rumps or boneless leg steaks
- 100g/40z brown basmati rice, cooked
- Freshly milled black pepper
- 2 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick, halved
- 50g/20z mushrooms, sliced
- Grated zest of ½ lemon
- 100g/4oz purple sprouting broccoli, divided into small pieces or florets
- 60ml/4tbsp dry sherry
- Fresh lemon thyme, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6, 200°C, 400°F.
- Cut two x 20cm x 30cm pieces of non-stick baking or parchment paper. Place each paper on a large baking tray or roasting tin. Divided the cooked rice between the papers.
- Season the lamb, place on top of the rice with the star anise, cinnamon, mushrooms, lemon zest and broccoli.
- In a small bowl mix together the hoisin sauce and sherry, spoon the mixture over the lamb. Fold the edges of each piece to form a loose parcel (or lightly fasten with cocktail sticks at each end).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Open the parcels, remove the cinnamon and star anise, garnish with the thyme and serve immediately.
If preferred replace the brown basmati with either quinoa or bulgur wheat. Aluminium foil works well as parcels too. Recipe Calculations per portion Energy 294kcal Protein 27g Fat 10g Saturates 4.2g Carbohydrate 21g Fibre 2.4g Salt equivalent 2.6g Iron 4.1mg
To visit Simply Lamb and Beef click here ←
For more delicious recipes click here ←
Image provided by EBLEX
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- Asparagus Tartlets with Goats’ Cheese, Sun Dried Tomatoes and Rocket - April 25, 2017
- Would you like to see Woolworths back on the High Street? - April 24, 2017
- Win One of Three Lean Meat Hampers from Muscle Food! - April 23, 2017
- Discover the pure luxury at Spirit Hotel Thermal Spa*****superior - April 20, 2017
- Brilliant Half Board Breaks in Hampshire - April 19, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!