Roasted celery with crispy parmesan topping
Put a spin on the classic meat and veg dinner with this delicious cider glazed roasted celery with crispy parmesan topping. Fast, easy and nutritious, roasted celery is a great addition to any feast and the perfect warming dish to complement those cool autumn nights.
It tastes delicious with chicken, game or fish – or, if you like to eat vegetarian, try it on its own with some roasted potatoes instead. The sweetness of the apple cider and nutty flavour from the parmesan cheese fill the kitchen with a wonderful aroma. Don’t be surprised when your family asks for seconds!
Serves: 4 Preparation Time: 15 mins Cooking Time: 45 mins
- 1 head of celery, washed, separated into stalks and cut into approx. 10cm lengths
- 400ml medium dry cider
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
For the parmesan topping
- 25g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 25g Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pre heat oven 200c/ 180c fan / gas 7.
- Grease an ovenproof casserole generously with butter, lay the celery in the dish, pour over the cider and vinegar, and cover with greaseproof paper generously coated in butter and then cover with foil.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes, remove the foil and greaseproof paper.
- Mix together the Parmesan, breadcrumbs, parsley and olive oil, sprinkle over the Fenland celery and cook for another 15-20 minutes until the topping is golden.
Recipe courtesy of www.fenlandcelery.com
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Are banks doing enough to combat fraud? - November 20, 2018
- Password protection tools - November 19, 2018
- Has the public lost interest in Christmas adverts? - November 16, 2018
- Try this: make your own vanilla extract - November 15, 2018
- Asparagus, ricotta and pancetta pizza - November 14, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!