Put a spin on the classic meat and veg dinner with this delicious cider glazed roasted celery with crispy parmesan topping. Fast, easy and nutritious, roasted celery is a great addition to any feast and the perfect warming dish to complement those cool autumn nights.
It tastes delicious with chicken, game or fish – or, if you like to eat vegetarian, try it on its own with some roasted potatoes instead. The sweetness of the apple cider and nutty flavour from the parmesan cheese fill the kitchen with a wonderful aroma. Don’t be surprised when your family asks for seconds!
Serves: 4 Preparation Time: 15 mins Cooking Time: 45 mins
- 1 head of celery, washed, separated into stalks and cut into approx. 10cm lengths
- 400ml medium dry cider
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
For the parmesan topping
- 25g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 25g Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pre heat oven 200c/ 180c fan / gas 7.
- Grease an ovenproof casserole generously with butter, lay the celery in the dish, pour over the cider and vinegar, and cover with greaseproof paper generously coated in butter and then cover with foil.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes, remove the foil and greaseproof paper.
- Mix together the Parmesan, breadcrumbs, parsley and olive oil, sprinkle over the Fenland celery and cook for another 15-20 minutes until the topping is golden.
Recipe courtesy of www.fenlandcelery.com