Spring onion and asparagus risotto
Enjoy a hearty dish with the first fresh taste of summer with this spring onion and asparagus risotto recipe.
Decadent yet light, this fragrant risotto dish is the perfect crossover recipe as we enjoy our first weeks of spring weather; it’s just warming and hearty enough to keep out the slight evening chill in the air.
Serves: 2 Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 25g butter
- 1 stick of celery, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 175g Arborio rice
- 100ml white wine
- 750ml vegetable or chicken stock, hot
- 6 asparagus spears, chopped into 1cm rounds, tips kept whole
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 50g Parmesan cheese, grated
What to do:
- Melt the butter in a large, heavy based saucepan. On a medium heat cook the celery for 5 minutes until it becomes tender, then add the garlic, then the rice and stir to coat. Cook for 1-2
- minutes. Pour in the wine and stir until absorbed. Pour in half of the hot stock, stir well and simmer stirring occasionally. Once the stock is almost absorbed, pour in half of the remaining stock and continue to cook.
- Add the asparagus and spring onions and half the remaining stock. Continue adding half of the remaining stock and stirring until the rice is cooked with a slight bite in the centre and not mushy. The risotto should be wet with a creamy sauce.
- Remove from the heat, stir in half of the Parmesan and some black pepper, check the seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Serve with the remaining Parmesan sprinkled over and any left-over celery tops, chopped.
- As you get towards the end of the cooking time keep tasting the rice and use a little more or less stock if required.
Recipe courtesy of www.lovethecrunch.com
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Mini Blueberry Tartlets - December 14, 2018
- Preventing falls this winter - December 13, 2018
- Should banks help restrict where you spend your money? - December 11, 2018
- Be drink aware this December - December 10, 2018
- Board games for fun family nights in - December 7, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!