Make eating vegetables more fun at mealtime for your grandkids with this delicious kid-approved slurpy salad recipe.
With flavours all ages will love, the spiralised carrots and cucumber add some extra visual appeal for any little ones who are known as picky eaters.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 chicken breast cut into finger width slices
- 2tbsp mango chutney (non spicy)
- 8tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 carrot, spiralized or shredded
- ⅓ cucumber, spiralized or shredded
- 1 Cos lettuce , sliced into thin ribbons
- ½ tbsp mango chutney
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- Mango chutney to serve
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan. Put the Chicken pieces in a bowl and toss with the mango chutney until all of the chicken is well coated. Put the breadcrumbs in a bag, add the chicken pieces and shake the bag well so that each piece of chicken has a covering. Drizzle a little oil in the bottom of an oven tray, tip in the chicken and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks make the salad. Put the prepared veg into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl beat together the mango chutney, oil and vinegar and season. Mix well then drizzle over the vegetables. Toss to cover the veg in dressing and divide between plates.
- Once this chicken is cooked divide between the plates and serve with some extra chutney for dipping. Let the kids roll it all up in a wrap or serve with wedges
- Note: You can freeze half of the chicken once its coated in breadcrumbs. When you’re ready to cook it, roast in an oiled tray in the oven at 200C for 12-15 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Make More of Salad