Zesty beetroot salad with lime & honey dressing
Wake up your taste buds with this fresh and zingy beetroot salad. The sharp mustard, warming pepper and vibrant lime make this salad perfect to savour the last few weeks of summer weather.
Serves: 2 Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: less than 5 minutes
for the dressing
- juice 1 lime
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
for the salad
- 80g bag wild rocket
- 180g lime zest beetroot, cut into wedges
- 100g Caerphilly cheese, crumbled
- 50g pecan nuts
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the lime juice, mustard and honey. Drizzle in the olive oil, whisking as you go, until the dressing has emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Divide the leaves between 2 plates, and scatter over the beetroot and Caerphilly cheese.
- Add the pecans to a small frying pan and set over a medium heat. Toast for a couple of minutes until they smell lovely and nutty. Tip on to a board and roughly chop, then scatter over the salad.
- Finally, give the dressing a final whisk and drizzle over the salad. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of www.lovebeetroot.co.uk
Silversurfers Features Editor
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!