Pimm’s Strawberry Meringue Pie
Use fresh British strawberries to make this Pimm’s strawberry meringue pie. You can’t get more summery than Pimm’s and strawberries!
- 300g shortcrust pastry
- 500g fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 orange, juice and finely grated zest only
- 150ml Pimm’s
- 300g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 5 eggs, separated
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 80g butter, cubed
Keep some mint sprigs, orange zest and strawberries back to decorate your pie before serving.
What to do
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6.
- Roll out the pastry on a flour-dusted surface and use to line a 25cm loose-bottomed flan tin. Line with baking parchment and beans and bake blind for 20 minutes.
- Remove the beans and parchment and cook for 10 minutes until the case is golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- To make the filling place the strawberries into a food processor with the orange zest and juice, Pimm’s, half the sugar and the mint. Blend until smooth then warm through in a saucepan.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the cornflour and 1 tbsp of cold water, then whisk into the hot strawberry mixture and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
- Stir in the butter and continue stirring until it melts. Spoon into the cooked pastry case and allow to cool, then chill for 2 hours.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks, then add the rest of the sugar a spoonful at a time and continue whisking until they become thick, stiff and glossy. Pile on top of the filling and bake in the oven at 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6 for 6-7 minutes until pale golden.
- To serve, decorate the top with mint sprigs, fresh strawberry slices and orange zest.
Latest posts by Morrisons (see all)
- The Ultimate Halloween Feast - October 17, 2019
- Give your garden a wake up - October 3, 2019
- Your autumn baking inspiration courtesy of Morrisons - September 10, 2019
- Making the most of seasonal produce: Our favourite recipes - September 2, 2019
- Picnics made simple with Morrisons - August 18, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!