View comments by: Most Recent - first / last | Most Popular - first / last | Replies - hide / show

54 Recently Retired sólo woman traveler

Excited to join. Have been to over 40 countries - single, non smoker, social drinker. Very easy companion - have been a plus 1 for many friends and family on cruises as I’m independent healthy and easy going and have a very positive outlook. I’m just grateful to be able to see this beautiful world.

Looking for inexpensive ways of traveling the world and have very flexible schedule.

Created By on 28/03/2023

Not a member?

You need to be a member to interact with Silversurfers. Joining is free and simple to do. Click the button below to join today!

Terry48
28th Mar 2023 17:45:24
Thanks for voting!
Hi KatWorldTraveler, I think that you are a woman after my own heart, as I have also
been to many countries, my favourite place to travel is Africa, have been to 17 countries there, I love the diversity of the various places, forests, savannas and deserts and of course the wildlife, I usually travel with an overland company like
Absolute Africa, the trips are camping, and participating, as we do our own cooking
there are up to 28 of us on a truck, and we have the most wonderful time, for a group of people who have never met each other ( unless they join the trip as a couple or in a group ) we get on surprisingly well, Google Absolute Africa and you
can see what all the fuss is about.
Have never done a cruise, and I live in Southampton, the home of cruise liners.
Have also traveled solo, mostly to Cape Town, as I like it there.
I may go to Africa again later in the year, as I like to get out of the cold weather, my
favourite country is Zambia, followed by Malawi.
Hope you get to do more travelling yourself, enjoy the rest of your evening, take
care and stay safe, best wishes, Terry.
Response from KatWorldTraveler Original Poster made on 28th Mar 2023 19:20:40
Thanks Terry. I also love Africa but only been to 7 countries there. Safari’s are one of my favorite things to do and the Masai Mara my favorite place. So amazing seeing wildlife in their native habitat roaming free!
Response from Terry48 made on 28th Mar 2023 20:09:54 > @KatWorldTraveler
Hi again KatWorldTraveler, could not agree more with you comments, did
you have a favourite country out of the 7, I also liked the Masai Mara, but I
liked the Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania, part of the Serengeti conservation area. Where else have you been in this big wide world?
and will you be going anywhere this year.? Anyway I will leave you in peace, so enjoy your evening, best wishes, Terry.
frannyb55
31st Mar 2023 00:06:44
Thanks for voting!
Me too !! We should chat. I love to travel and am flexible.

Community Terms & Conditions

Content standards

These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.

You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.

Contributions must:

be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.

Contributions must not:

contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.

Nurturing a safe environment

Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.

We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!